IndieGala Giveaways section is the place where you can find hundreds of raffles each week. You can find there both IndieGala’s official giveaways ( made by IndieGala staff ) and user created ones ( created by users of IndieGala community ). Users manage their own giveaways, choose when they start, when they end, and who is able to enter. Once a giveaway ends, a random winner is generated by our site and the gift automatically unlocks on the winner’s public IndieGala profile.
- Who can enter IndieGala Giveaways?
- Does my Steam profile need to be public to use IndieGala Giveaways section ?
- How do I participate in a giveaway?
- How can I achieve and gain silver coins required to participate in a giveaway?
- How can I tell if I have won a giveaway?
- Will coins spent for a giveaway be returned if I don’t win?
- How are winners selected for giveaways?
- IndieGala Giveaways
- Who can create giveaways?
- How do I create a giveaway?
- How can I increase User Level?
- Do i have to send the serial key to the winner of the giveaway I created?
- My giveaway has terminated, and I still haven’t received feedback from the winner
- How do I leave feedback?
- I made a mistake when leaving feedback. What should I do?
- Can I decide the price of the ticket a user must pay in order to participate in the giveaway I am creating?
- Can I decide the minimum user level required in order for a user to participate in the giveaway I am creating?
Who can enter IndieGala Giveaways?¶
In order to create or participate in one of the thousands of giveaways launched every week on IndieGala Giveaways section all you need IndieGala account.
Don’t have one? What are you waiting for? Register now! ;-)
Does my Steam profile need to be public to use IndieGala Giveaways section ?¶
Absolutely NOT. You’ll need to switch to a public profile only if you want to take advantage of some ( optional ) features, like for example hiding the games you already own.
How do I participate in a giveaway?¶
If you have sufficient coins and the required user level to participate in a giveaway, you will be able to buy a ticket to participate. Simply enter the giveaway/buy the ticket, clicking on the TAKE PART text.
The required silver coins for the giveaway will be deducted from your daily total accumulated coins. In standard giveaways ( a.k.a. single ticket ), you can only buy 1 ticket per giveaway, while in Extra-Odds giveaways you can buy as many tickets as you want.
On the giveaways homepage you can find a complete list of the active giveaways. It is possible to order them according to termination date, ticket price, number of participants, or use the research tool if you are looking for a specific giveaway. If you have sufficient coins you can buy a ticket to participate in a giveaway and try your luck!
How can I achieve and gain silver coins required to participate in a giveaway?¶
Each hour you will be given 10 silver coins (240 per day). The maximum amount of coins you can have at any one time is 240 coins. These are sufficient coins to participate in a good amount of giveaways. You can check your coin balance anytime in your profile page or profile recap on website menu ( login required ).
If you want to obtain more silver you’ll either have to buy it or obtain it by creating auctions.
How can I tell if I have won a giveaway?¶
In the Giveaways section, located under your user profile, you will be able to track all the giveaways in which you are participating, those that you have created, and those that you have won.
Once a giveaway has terminated you can check if you are a winner from this section.
Will coins spent for a giveaway be returned if I don’t win?¶
Coins allow you to buy a ticket and participate in a giveaway. Once spent, these coins will not be returned in any case.
How are winners selected for giveaways?¶
Once the giveaway has terminated, the system will randomly pick a winner. Our site uses an efficient random number generator to accomplish this task. In a standard , single ticket giveaway, where users can only buy 1 ticket per giveaway, each participant has the same probability of winning a giveaway.
If, instead, the giveaway is an Extra-Odds giveaway, the more tickets a single user buys, the higher his/her winning odds/chances are.
IndieGala Giveaways work exactly the same was as guaranteed giveaways. We, IndieGala, think that creating our own giveaways is a great way to actively participate in the community :-)
Who can create giveaways?¶
Both IndieGala and users can create giveaways. Users can either create guaranteed or non-guaranteed giveaways, whereas IndieGala giveaways are naturally always guaranteed.
How do I create a giveaway?¶
To create a giveaway go to the Giveaways section located under your user profile. Here you will find a template to create either a guaranteed or non-guaranteed, and be able to choose the user level required in order for the other users to participate in the giveaway. Once created, a giveaway can not be deleted.
You can create guaranteed giveaways by offering games that come directly from your IndieGala Library and for which serial keys have not been exposed or unveiled. When creating such giveaway, you will be able to select from a list those games that are valid for a Guaranteed Giveaway.
You can create non-guaranteed giveaways with serial keys that have already been exposed or unveiled in your IndieGala Library, or that come from elsewhere. A user that accepts to participate in a non-guaranteed giveaway assumes full responsibility, and is aware of the potential risk that the serial key provided might not be valid. In this case IndieGala can not offer support of any kind. However it is possible to isolate unreliable users and help the community with our feedback system. The feedback that you leave in case you win a non-guaranteed giveaway will affect accordingly the reputation of the creator of the giveaway, this way all users will be aware of his reputation.
It is therefore very important that after a non-guaranteed giveaway has ended you leave feedback, and that this feedback is honest.
How can I increase User Level?¶
The value of the game you are offering for the giveaway is automatically calculated by the system according to an estimate of the popularity, price, and novelty of the game. The system calculation tries to not excessively devalue good games that might have been in a bundle. Keep in mind that the experience points that you could gain for a game might vary with time. In the case that you are offering a non-guaranteed giveaway (a game that does not come from your IndieGala Library), the system will calculate 20% less retribution of experience points (compared to value assigned for guaranteed giveaways). This is to reward IndieGala users, and works as an incentive to create secure and guaranteed giveaways. You will have to wait for positive feedback in order to receive your experience points. If you receive negative feedback because the serial key provided for the giveaway is not valid, you will not receive any experience points to increase your user level. Therefore, creating fake giveaways to increase your user level does not work!
In the case of guaranteed giveaways, at the termination of the giveaway you will be immediately awarded your experience points.
Do i have to send the serial key to the winner of the giveaway I created?¶
NOOO! You don’t need to! When you create a guaranteed giveaway the system freezes the serial code in your profile. If you are offering a non-guaranteed serial, when you are creating the giveaway, the system will request you to insert the serial key of the game you want to offer (be careful not to make mistakes when inserting the serial key), and will put the serial aside until the winner of the giveaway is drawn.
In both cases, once the winner is drawn, the system automatically inserts the prize under the winner’s profile, in the section Giveaways–>Completed
My giveaway has terminated, and I still haven’t received feedback from the winner¶
Keep in mind that feedback is left from a user just like you, who might not access their IndieGala profile for some days. Be patient and eventually write to IndieGala support.
How do I leave feedback?¶
If you have won a giveaway, you will find it under your IndieGala profile in the section Giveaways won. If you have won a guaranteed giveaway or an IndieGala giveaway there is no need to leave feedback. On the other hand, if you have won a non-guaranteed giveaway, once you have verified the validity of the serial key, you will have the chance to leave positive or negative feedback from this very same section (Giveaways won).
I made a mistake when leaving feedback. What should I do?¶
Write to IndieGala support. We will take care of modifying the feedback for you, and inform the creator of the giveaway of the change.
Can I decide the price of the ticket a user must pay in order to participate in the giveaway I am creating?¶
There is no need! Just like experience points, the system automatically calculates the price a of ticket that a user must pay to participate in the giveaway according to an estimate of the popularity, price, and novelty of the game. The system does its best to calculate a fair price and give value to good and desired games.
Can I decide the minimum user level required in order for a user to participate in the giveaway I am creating?¶
Sure! You can decide to restrict the giveaway to users with your same or higher user level.
- Guaranteed Giveaway
- A giveaway of a game whose serial key resides on IndieGala server and have not been exposed or unveiled. The vaildity of the key is guaranteed by IndieGala. This means that: For guaranteed giveaways IndieGala ensures the validity of the key, and commits to offer support in case there are any problems or issues.
- Non Guaranteed Giveaway
- A giveaway of a game whose serial key origin is uncertain. This kind of giveaways are NOT guaranteed by IndieGala.
- Extra-Odds Giveaway
- A giveaway where is possible to buy multiple tickets to enter, raising winning chances. You can buy as many tickets as you want for this kind of giveaways, as long you have the silver.
- User Level
- User level represents user loyalty and generosity. User level increases by gaining experience points when you create giveaways. The higher is the value of the game you are offering for the giveaway, the more level points you will receive at the end of the giveaway. You will be told beforehand while creating the giveaway, how many points your giveaway is worth. A higher user level allows to create and participate in higher level giveaways.
- Silver Coins
- The virtual currency required to buy giveaway tickets. Each hour you will be given 10 silver coins (240 per day). The maximum amount of coins you can have at any one time is 240 coins.
- Guaranteed Game
- A game whose serial key resides on IndieGala server and have not been exposed or unveiled. The validity of this key is guaranteed by IndieGala. This means that: For guaranteed keys IndieGala ensures the validity of the key, and commits to offer support in case there are any problems or issues.
- Non Guaranteed Game
- A game whose serial key origin is uncertain. This kind of serials are NOT guaranteed by IndieGala, because is not possible to verify if the serial has been activated or not, due to limitations on how Steam serial key system works.