Gifts & Happy Hour¶
Gifts! Gifts! Gifts!!!
What are gifts?¶
You can gift any of the bundles available on IndieGala.
Gifts are bundle purchases made with the gift checkbox selected.
Gifting Steam keys¶
To gift an individual Steam key from your purchase page follow these steps:
- Navigate to your profile/download page where you will find the Your game keys section. Click on the gift icon located on the right of the Steam key you want to gift.
- You will get a special gift link to provide to the recipient. Be sure NOT to redeem the gift if you open the link, just copy the URL and send it to the recipient.
- When the recipient redeems the gift, upon e-mail confirmation he will get a download page with the single key you decided to gift to him.
Gifting a Bundle¶
To gift an entire Bundle follow these steps:
- Be sure to check the gift checkbox while completing your purchase.
- Navigate to your profile/download page where you will find your bundle library. Select the bundle you wish to gift, and under the My gifts section insert the email address of the recipient of the gift.
- Click Send as gift.
- When the recipient redeems the gift, upon e-mail confirmation he will get a download page with the bundle you decided to gift to him.
I received a gift from a friend. Can I assign it to my profile?¶
We cannot assign a gift to your IndieGala profile. It is not technically possible as gifts in the db are associated to transaction id and email of the purchaser. It also defeats the purpose of a gift.
How does Happy Hour work?¶
During Happy Hour on a particular bundle HIGH TIER gift purchases are discounted. Gifts are purchases made with the “Is it a gift?” checkbox selected). You must do a NEW gift purchase during Happy Hour to take advantage of this offer (even if you previously bought the current bundle). Happy Hour is a time frame during the promotion whereby if you purchase a HIGH TIER* gift, you have bonus (read as free) HIGH TIER* gift(s).
Gift numbers vary accordingly: 1 If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle during Happy Hour of the 1st week you’ll be able to purchase 1 gift and receive 1 + 3 gifts. 2 If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle during Happy Hour but after the 1st week of sale, you will receive 1 + 2 HIGH TIER* gifts. 3 If you haven’t purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle yet, you will receive 1 + 1 HIGH TIER* gifts. Remember to check the “Is it a gift?” checkbox to take advantage of Happy Hour.
If the sale has 2 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 2. If the sale has 3 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 3.
Keep in mind that your first bundle purchase must be a personal purchase (not a gift) to be qualified as early buyer. Buying a bundle for the first time as gift will not qualify you as early buyer.
It is not possible to buy more than 40 bundle gifts for each bundle. “Weekly” bundles (those that last 7 days or less) and most of one tier bundles do NOT have Happy Hour.
How do I know if it’s Happy Hour?¶
A Happy Hour text will appear next to the bundle.
When does Happy Hour run?¶
It’s not likely that there will be a Happy Hour in every sale. We run it at our discretion and in some sales we don’t run it at all. In any case, if you want to fully benefit from the Happy Hour advantages make sure to Beat The Average and buy during the first week of sale. If you buy AGAIN during Happy Hour time you will earn extra gifts.
Weekly bundles (those that last 7 days or less) do NOT have Happy Hour.